[thelist] U.S. Flash Maps

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Mon Sep 19 12:34:10 CDT 2005

> Howdy,
> I'm looking for a Flash map of the U.S. that has a hover
> effect when you mouseover a state.  I hardly know Flash and
> would prefer to work with JavaScript and an image map.  I
> haven't been able to find a download of either variation of
> this.  Where can I find a customizable U.S. map?

Download this:
http://www.brocku.ca/maplibrary/images/usa.pdf

Open it in Illustrator, save to Flash compatible version, import into
Flash, and thereyago: customizable U.S. map.

Rollovers are a cinch and wouldn't take long at all.

Or, cut it up in your favourite editor of choice and make a JS version.