[thelist] Site check: Staples.com

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Mon Sep 19 16:04:26 CDT 2005

Maximillian Schwanekamp wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone is seeing this... www.staples.com in FF 1.0.6,
> homepage loads and then vanishes!  I've been watching these guys make
> the transition to a more standards-oriented site, but this one was
> impressive.

loads up fine for me...  but if I pass the mouse real fast when the
window is mid-monitor sized (say, 800x600 on a 1280x1024 viewport) and
hit a drop-down, it will vanish.

12 html errors, mostly & errors in their URL's.
css won't validate with those errors...

their drop-down is un-predictable though.  Sometimes it works, sometimes
it doesn't.  The menu's and all the highlighting is kinda annoying too.
  it seems like every "cell" is a link and hovers all big.

why isn't ink and toner considered a prduct?  it gets its own category?
on the main menu?  why?

hovering on "easy re-order" stops making the "my account" tab purple

over-all, i'm not impressed, but hey, its a step in the right direction
at least.