[thelist] Site check: Staples.com

Anthony Ettinger apwebdesign at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 11:36:35 CDT 2005

> Face it, this is 2005 and people aren't running html
> 1.0 on lynx any more.

Uh...I still use Lynx, sometimes that's the only
browser I have access to. For example, I'm installing
LInux on my desktop (no gui desktop installed yet),
and I need a driver from ASUS.com. The problem I have
is Lynx doesn't support frames and flash and
javascript, which asus.com has all over the place. So
I have to use another working comptuer to access it.

The other problem I have is with my router's web-based
configuration, again Frames and Javascript. I can ssh
remotely to my home machine, and the only way for me
to access the router's config utility is via lynx
(command line browser). This makes it impossible.

Some people will never understand. Just because we may
be in the minority, doesn't mean we're not paying
customers who need accessible pages.

Also, on the run? Got a browser on your mobile phone?
If it's accessible I can find the info I need when I
need it.

Anthony Ettinger
ph: (408) 656-2473
blog: http://www.chovy.com