[thelist] Purely Web-Based CVS

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 14:28:26 CDT 2005

Hershel Robinson wrote:

> http://www.rjk-hosting.co.uk/programs/prog.php?id=3

Sorry for the OT, but this has to be worth sharing: From the above page:

"Change Log
Version 2.01 (29/Jan/2005)
A bug that was pointed out to me by a user (thanks Dan) have been fixed.
The bug was due to the fact that the system used to have hard coded
usernames and before I released it to the public I changed this but
missed a couple of them. As a result only people called 'richard' could
delete files from the system. This has now been fixed."

I thought I was the only one that did things like that...

<tip type="ASP" author="Ian Anderson">
In classic ASP, Response.Redirect uses an HTTP 302 temporary redirect,
which may cause problems with search engines. Where you are redirecting
from one domain to another, and wish to use the recommended HTTP 301
header to do so in order to extract the maximum Googly goodness, you can
use the following code instead of Response.Redirect:

Response.Status="301 Moved Permanently"
Response.AddHeader "Location", "http://mydomain.com"

</tip>