user 'freedom' (was RE: [thelist] Site check: Staples.com)

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 20 21:24:43 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 17:09 -0700, Anthony Ettinger wrote:

> From your source above:
>
> Linux

For future reference, it's GNU/Linux. (And yes I realize you didn't
write the original article.)

> differs from both Windows and Mac OS in that it is an open source

Wrong. GNU is a free software operating system. Richard Stallman has
gone on record several times saying that he has nothing to do with the
open source movement, and I have no idea how people continue to get
wrong both the name of the operating system project and the terms under
which it was released.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>