[thelist] Wireless security

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 04:09:37 CDT 2005

> Rick Faaberg wrote:
> Do people really do packet sniffing to residential wireless
> networks? Do they park their cars in front of folks' houses and sniff
> away?

Sounds like you're thinking of detached housing. I'm living more
densely than that, so there are the neighbours .. I'm thinking the
signal would probably reach maybe six different others, some of whom I
know, some I don't, and one of which is rented as holiday
accommodation anyway ..and there's parking only maybe twenty yards
away from where I'm sat.

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll work through it, but it sounds, in
principle, like I can do wireless securely.

Thanks y'all.