[thelist] Aren't we forgetting a user group in our CSS? Idea: Editor Stylesheet

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 04:26:57 CDT 2005

> I only had time to skim through the article. Though I will read it
> thoroughly tonight.
> One thing that most CMS app's utilize is web-based rich text editors.
> One thing that I don't like about browser-embedded WYSIWYG text
> editing tools (i.e. htmlarea and the like), which are generally
> embedded in CMS in various forms, is the garbage markup they produce.
> The second thing I don't like is, they don't (and possibly won't) work
> on Opera and many other browsers. Okay some degrade gracefully to a
> textbox, but it's not enough imho.

It would be great if you read the post before posting answers like
that one here. This is a dangerous threadjack ending in a holy war
about editors. My idea is to deal with the issue with products at hand
- we will not get Tridion to change their £200k product editors love
because most WYSIWYG textbox editors fail in one way or another.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com