[thelist] download complete verification

Sales @ Lycosa sales at lycosa.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 11:40:46 CDT 2005

> What problem does your client intend to solve by doing this? If you
know
> that, maybe we can work out a way to do what your client wants?

This is what my client has asked me:

"As a general prudent measure we need to know when every download has
been successfully downloaded and completed.  This is absolutely
essential for any goods/items that are delivered as a result of the
customer making a payment to us.  We need irrefutable proof that a
customer has received the goods/item (could include serial number
deliverd by email) that they have paid for.  One instance where this is
essential is in regard to charge backs - we need to prove that they have
in fact received the goods/serial number.  We don't have a leg to stand
on if we can't prove that the customer has received the goods.  I assume
and hope that this isn't a problem - based on the principle that our
server is talking to their pc whilst it is downloading and all it needs
to do is send a "I've definitely completed the download" message once it
has successfully completed.  Tell me if it's not that simple."

Phil