[thelist] wordpress - mysql - no clue

Noah St.Amand noah at tookish.net
Thu Sep 22 19:29:37 CDT 2005

Hi BJ,

BJ wrote (9/22/05 5:22 PM):
> Noah, you left out a step that could have Dwain bald in no time flat-
> create database, create user, then ADD USER TO DATABASE. If you don't do
> this last step then the WP install chokes since it can't access the
> database.

You don't have to add a user to the database that WP runs from -- it
does that automatically.

If you mean add the user to the MySQL user table, I'm assuming that 1&1
will take care of that for him. He's probably sharing the MySQL
installation with a bunch of people, and so it's unlikely he'll have
access to the user table.

Cheers,
--
Noah