[thelist] Please help! Left Nav completely broke in IE

Bill Scheider earthwrk at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 22 20:19:16 CDT 2005

Thanks to you who helped me with this problem. After working on it for hours
before asking for help, the solution you provided, Ian, helped me fix it in
seconds! This list is awesome.

Bill Scheider

>I've been messing around with this for hours and can't figure out what I'm
>missing. The left navigation works as it should in FF, Op, NS but in IE6 on
>xp it's as if it were an image - no links working at all. I've been
throught
>the markup line by line many times and the CSS too. XHTML validates; CSS
>doesn't because of a parsing error caused by a hack (I think). Removing the
>hack didn't change anything. I hope someone will take the time to look at
my
>page because I'm completely baffled.

I think in IE's mind the #content div is rendering over the top of the
floated left navigation. You can actually partly see this by applying a
background colour to it.  Setting a width (e.g. 400px) on the #content
div works around the problem here.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ian