[thelist] wordpress - mysql - no clue

dwain alford dwain.alford at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 06:01:50 CDT 2005

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> Have you considered just installing it on your desktop first to try
> out? At least MySQL, so you can learn a bit about managing/creating
> databases?
>
> FWIW!
  interesting you should mention this.  i happened to download and
install mysql server a day ago to my local machine.  i have created some
databases (address book, birthday lists, etc.) in the past using ms
access.  i am still wet behind the ears about this db stuff, so learning
wordpress and db management locally for a few weeks would be nifty.

how would i install wordpress locally and access mysql server to
"practice"?  i have recently downloaded the beta of open office for the
database program.  before i get too crazy with all of this, as i want to
dive into this two weeks ago, i will wait for a response.

cheers, dwain

--
dwain alford
dwain.alford at gmail.com