[thelist] wordpress - mysql - no clue

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Sep 23 08:44:31 CDT 2005

dwain alford wrote:

> how would i install wordpress locally and access mysql server to
> "practice"?

How would you not? :-)   Seriously, I would never install and use
anything on a public server that I hadn't installed and used on a
development system.

As per <http://wordpress.org/about/requirements/>

1) install Apache  # make sure you get a binary with PHP and MySQL
2) install PHP     #           support already compiled in...
3) you say you already have MySQL, so you're set there.
4) install WordPress

As far as DB stuff goes, I would strongly recommend starting with
the standard MySQL command line client, though there are many GUI
clients, including ones from MySQL itself.

HTH,
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                          dream.  code.