[thelist] US 101 keyboard problems

Peter-Paul Koch pp.koch at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 06:05:09 CDT 2005

Hello,

I´m currently installing a new computer and have a problem with my keyboard.

I want to use the US 101 keyboard, since it´s the only one I know that
actually adds a quote mark when I press the quote mark key. All other
configurations wait until you type another key, which is not what I
want. This seems to be called `Dead Key´ and everybody seems to think
it´s wonderful.

Using US 101 configuration solves the problem, but the point is that
my new Win XP SP 2 does not include US 101 in its standard menu (see
http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20030331/138544.html for an
earlier mail on this subject).

Does anyone know how I can get rid of dead keys?