accessibility (was RE: [thelist] Is this a list?)

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Tue Sep 27 10:40:10 CDT 2005

> I clearly did overstate
> the case in several places.

Fair enough. Since your points regarding accessibility (and the
deplorable continued lack of attention thereto on the web) are entirely
valid, is there any chance you'd write an article for evolt.org wherein
you state your case? One thing I think would be helpful would be brief
explanations of the types of disabilities which are affected by the most
common accessibility errors.

Your real-world experience gives you a very different perspective on the
subject from those to whom 'accessibility' is a more abstract concept.
Most articles I've seen about human/tech issues are addressed primarily
from the tech perspective. I'd love to see concepts like this addressed
on a human level. I respect your passion, Ian; really I do. Use it to
drive some good teaching technique and I'll be your first supporter.

thanks

joel