[thelist] OE spam filter

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 08:53:26 CDT 2005

Erik Mattheis wrote:
> Anybody care to suggest a spam filter a client can add to her Outlook
> Express Windows? I see several at Download.com. It ought to be easy to
> figure out - I'm not going to support this.

Not a spam filter, but I moved from OE to Mozilla Thunderbird, and have
never looked back. The Bayesian spam filtering works really well; took a
couple of weeks to teach it by marking junk mail as such, and now only a
handful of spam makes it into my inbox. False positives have been
something like 3 out of 10,000 since I started using it ten months ago.

Thunderbird has a very similar UI to OE, so migration should be not too
difficult; imported addresses and mailboxes without much problem.

Same UI, built in spam filtering, fewer security hassles and excellent
reliability. Only niggle is a bug where drag/drop of text causes a
crash. Don't know if this is fixed in current builds or not.

HTH

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net BETA - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets online
http://snippetz.net