[thelist] Web Design/Development Magazines

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 04:31:28 CDT 2005

Ann wrote:
> Can anyone recommend any good web design/development
> magazines? I get the SitePoint newsletters online,
> which are great, but I'd rather get an actual
> magazine.

You don't say where in the world you are.

In the UK, we used to have a variety of web design magazines, but the
magazine industry is so competitive that all the good ones folded or
merged. I don't think there is enough circulation in the UK to support a
healthy number of titles.

The only options I am aware of at the moment are

Computer Arts
http://www.computerarts.co.uk/

Digit
http://www.digitmag.co.uk/

Both of these cover a variety of digital media, and include web design
at a moderately professional level, but I don't think they would be what
you are after in terms of coverage.

Online, I take it you are familiar with A List Apart, which has recently
undergone a resurgence.
http://alistapart.com

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net BETA - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets online
http://snippetz.net