[thelist] Apache: SSL and Virtual hosts

Juha Suni juha.suni at ilmiantajat.fi
Thu Sep 29 05:24:06 CDT 2005

Maximillian Schwanekamp wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>> There's no
>> per-virtual-host method of doing SSL.
>> I'm wondering if anyone could offer me any
>> interesting work arounds.
>
> I'm curious... why would you want to do this?

I thought it is obvious, or then I'm missing something. I've been struggling
with this same problem with a few upcoming sites.

Our dedicated server holds several sites under different domains and virtual
hosts. If I want a few of them to have SSL on with certificates, Im in a
no-can-do situation. Only option seems to be getting more IP-addresses for
the server.

Correct me if there is another way to have SSL on for several domains (with
their own correct certificates) sitting on the same server.

--
Suni