[thelist] .Net generated HTML not validating - help?

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Wed Oct 5 15:36:42 CDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm not the .Net developer here, I am, however, pretty much everything
else web related... and after running a site through the W3C validator,
I just can't let development continue in it's current state.

One of the errors is that we've got elements like these everywhere:

And thus we have error messages like this from the validator:

value of attribute "ID" invalid: "_" cannot start a name.

So... my question is: is this important to fix? If so, what can we do to
fix it?

Any takers?

--
Chris George  |  Base Corp. Learning Systems
P.O. Box 66010 HPO  |  Edmonton, AB T6J 6T4