[thelist] .Net generated HTML not validating - help?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Oct 5 15:52:46 CDT 2005

These issues (non-validating code) will be fixed in .NET v2 which being RTM
on November 7th.

Alternatively you would need to override the current rendering to output
alternate IDs.

Is this issue important? Not sure - personally I don't think so. As far as I
know, no browser cares that your IDs begin with a _ rather than an
alphanumeric character.

You may wish to ask this question in a more advanced forum though. The
Developmentor lists have some pretty cluey people (discuss.develop.com) or
alternatively there's www.aspadvice.com and www.asp.net/forums.

Cheers
Ken