[thelist] .Net generated HTML not validating - help?

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Wed Oct 5 16:08:21 CDT 2005

This can be the result of a parent control not being assigned an explicit ID.  Might that be the case here?

 From: "Chris George" cgeorge at basecorp.com

Hi everyone,

I'm not the .Net developer here, I am, however, pretty much everything
else web related... and after running a site through the W3C validator,
I just can't let development continue in it's current state.

One of the errors is that we've got elements like these everywhere:

And thus we have error messages like this from the validator:

value of attribute "ID" invalid: "_" cannot start a name.

So... my question is: is this important to fix? If so, what can we do to
fix it?

Any takers?

--
Chris George | Base Corp. Learning Systems
P.O. Box 66010 HPO | Edmonton, AB T6J 6T4