[thelist] css/dom drop down menu not working in IE

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Thu Oct 6 02:53:34 CDT 2005

Judah McAuley scribeva in 2005-10-05 22:58:
> All seemed well and good until I tried testing in IE. The menus work
> fine in Firefox/Mozilla under both Linux and WinXP, but there is no
> drop-down in IE. I've looked over the html, css and js, but nothing
> appears to be wrong. It validates as xhtml and there are no JS errors
> showing up in the Firefox javascript console. IE does throw a script
> error but its not terribly useful, just explaining that there is a parse
> error on line 2 (which is the html declaration).
>
> I put up a page of the design at: http://wiredotter.com/sites/index.html
>
> Any clue as to what's going on?

Funny you don't get JS errors, as my FF sure gave one. And for a good
reason, as in http://wiredotter.com/sites/menu.js your first line is:

<script type="text/javascript">

Ain't no JavaScript that one... that's (x)html and has no place in a
js-file. Oh, the same goes for </script> too :-)

.k