[thelist] What does standard compliance actually mean?

Kristina Floyd email at kristinafloyd.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 10:32:10 CDT 2005

aardvark wrote:
> those are the 'standards' to which we adhere... i also have other
> internal published standards here that cover things like:
>
> - appropriate use of HTML elements (semantic, structural,
> simplification)
> - appropriate use of CSS
> - naming conventions (for classes, ids, forms, pages, files, etc.)

 > - code formatting (spaces, indents, etc.)

I notice you don't have one for CSS structure or is that included in
appropriate use of CSS or code formatting?  As everyone seems to have
their own way of writing CSS, when working in teams this becomes a
complete nightmare!    I've been following the "Writing maintainable
CSS" thread over on [css-d], which couldn't have come at a more
appropriate time for me personally, I'm just curious as to how you
handle this.

Cheers now
Kristina