[thelist] OT: Monitoring Software Installers

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Tue Oct 18 15:30:06 CDT 2005

Can someone recommend a good program that watches, displays (and reverts)
the complete activity of the various installation programs?

Un-install should mean "eradicate any trace that this program ever existed
on your machine", not "remove the obvious stuff, but leave the registry
full of junk, .ini's,.dlls, etc. hanging around. Window's Add/Remove and
the various un-installers just don't satisfy me.

Also, I'd like to see what the various companies are actually *doing* to my
machine when they are installing.

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.