[thelist] Suckerfish and IE 5 Mac

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Mon Oct 24 17:12:27 CDT 2005

aardvark wrote:
<snip>
> &*()$#%!
>
> initially that was a problem in all browsers, but i overcame it a
> while ago -- or so i thought...
>
> do you have the web developer thingie in FF there? with that cool
> Edit CSS option?  i don't have Linux handy where i am today, but if
> you could try the edit thingie and whack that display:block and let
> me know what happens, i'd be appreciative...
>
> but it does work flying outover a static image -- it sits above all
> the other images on the page.. it's just that Flash hoses my z-index
> (which i explicitly try to avoid setting)...

I do have the web developer extension but removing the display:block
doesn't make the menu work. I tried changing it to "inline" but that
didn't work either and it screwed up the image to the right of the flash
object. Setting visibility: hidden makes the menu work just fine.
Setting a z-index on the #Banner didn't seem to help. I didn't try
explicitly setting a z-index on the flash object itself. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Judah