[thelist] Chat script recommendation?

gruppenfreizeit postmeister at gruppenfreizeit.com
Mon Oct 24 22:58:46 CDT 2005

Hi,

Two weeks ago, I was looking for a chat script,too and found
http://phpopenchat.org/.
It's running with mysql and php4. It does not support php5.

On the other hand, it supports a lot of languages and is installed with a
script, that creates all the databases tables.
The script includes a lot like a guest book, emails, but is not very easy to
integrate it in a member site.
Unfortunatly it's running with ie only and cause some js errors while the
script is loading.
I will not say the phpopenchat script is bad, but I'm not the one who
suffers one month
in scripts, templates and classes to get an overview about the structure.
The script is worth enough to take a look at it.
If you're looking for a stand alone chat and run php4 on your server, it
will be fine.
I've decided to develeped another chat script which is running with NN,
Mozzila and IE
and all the php versions since php4.03.
All necessary inputs are a username and a password given by two session
vars.
So it's very easy to integrate it in each site.
It includes smilies, private chats and an optional external user link, which
is set, when the user name is displayed
in the chatmessage table.
Next I'll put some stuff like user settings and user icons.
The user icons will be displayed in a table next to the username in the
chatmessage table and next to the chatmessage table
where you can see who's online and in which room like it's usual in a
chatscript.
That one will cost 25 bucks.

Cheers

I am looking for an easy to set up, free chat script.
I haven't set up a chat script before so I am hoping to get
recommendations for something others have had experience setting up and
configuring.

Thanks in advance,

FayeC

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/