[thelist] Selling over the internet - UK law

Ken Moore psm2713 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:08:41 CDT 2005

Hi, all

On the question:
>I have just completed a web site for http://www.the-stone-shop.com and
>it went live yesterday. Unfortunately, my client added a product without
>adding the price. A web customer has spotted this, and ordered the item
>(worth around £35) for £0 + £4 postage. They have paid with PayPal.

I guess that I am in the minority, here. I certainly have no problems
inviting a "customer" to go shop elsewhere. I resent getting blackmailed by
someone who obviously knew what they were doing. I this were an honest error
on our part and a misunderstanding or their part, then I would just live
with it.

Figure out the legalites and tell them the real price. If they do not like
it, tell them - on the phone, not by email - that you do not need their kind
of client. They will not likely file a suit. If they do, I beleive that the
integrity shown by you will be evident. Probably the only clients you will
lose are just like this  guy.

Ken