[thelist] send xml request to webservice via JS

Christian Giordano ml at nuthinking.com
Fri Oct 28 08:34:14 CDT 2005

Hi guys, I have to use a webservice via js (ajax), in few words using
XMLHttpRequest (ActiveXObject... in IE).
I googled around and I started having an idea on how to do it but on
Firefox it doesn't work.
I started loading a static xml (without sending any xml as request) and
my script worked fine on both the browsers. Then to send the xml request
I put it as parameter in the send() method but as I said on Firefox I'm
not getting anything back.
Considering that before, to load an xml without sending any request I
put different parameters depending on the browser (mozilla=null,
IE=empty), is there a different way on sending xml from mozilla browsers?

Thanks a lot for any help, chr