[thelist] multiple simultaneous db connections with classic ASP

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Oct 31 12:18:03 CST 2005

Sometimes in a single page on our intranet I need to access info from
three different databases. Data returned from db #1 is used to gather
info from db #2 or #3 (or both) and further updates are written to db #1
and sometimes db #2 based on the results.

Is using multiple simultaneous db connections as simple as creating
multiple connections sorta like this

  dim objConn1
    set objConn1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

  dim objConn2
    set objConn2 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

  dim objConn3
    set objConn3 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

and then using the connections as needed?