[thelist] help with query Part I

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Oct 31 22:11:19 CST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Casey
Subject: [thelist] help with query Part I

: OK, the db in question had a column called mls
: containing an id.  All id's in this column start with
: a 0... some are 07xxxx, some are 06xx, etc.  There
: is no set number of total digits.  I need to
: select only the rows where mls
: starts with 06.
:
: How would such a where clause be formatted?

Since you don't tell us what DBMS you are using, all I can suggest is that
you go and look in the manual for whatever DBMS you are using, and look up
the string formatting functions you have available to you.

Cheers
Ken