[thelist] Kinda OT: Where did FUBAR come from?

lstahr at sbcglobal.net lstahr at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 2 17:37:09 CST 2005

I first heard it in 1966 when I joined the Air Force; I am sure that it had been around for a long
time before that.  I would also guess that it started in the military.  G.I.s love to use acronyms.

After my curiosity got the better of me, I started checking and this site
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci748437,00.html
says that it started in the military.

Have Fun,
Larry

Casey <aspnet at thecrookstons.com> wrote:
I know what it stands for.. just wondering how it got to be so widely used
in the development world as the standard fill-in for variables and such.

The first time I heard of it was in Saving Private Ryan.

Happy middle of the week to everyone.

--

* * Please support the community that supports you. * *
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/