[thelist] Free DNS forwarding?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Nov 3 20:31:41 CST 2005

Why don't you point www.mine.com -> foo.dyndns.org? (not sure what RFCs, if
any, you're breaking by pointing a CNAME to an A in another domain).

Updating a DNS server in real time does require the DNS server provider to
have some kind of API that allows your PC to remotely update the DNS records
(or you have to do it yourself manually).

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Ettinger
Subject: [thelist] Free DNS forwarding?

I'm using "foo.dyndns.org" right now to forward to my
home server (dynamic ip from sbc).

Anybody know how to forward a real domain like
"mine.com" and update it dynamically?

dyndns.org will do it for $24/year per domain, but I'm
wondering if there's a cheaper way. $24/year ain't
bad, but not with 20 domains I have.

Anthony Ettinger