[thelist] best free html mail program

Mike designbase10 at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 4 02:03:36 CST 2005

Hello,

Could someone please suggest a good program that could be used for
writing html mail? Something free or low costing? mac OS9 compatible?

I prefer to write html code manually however I find I must paste the
html into my mail program and I don't understand how it handles mime and
content-types. (I am not sure if I really need to know this). I would
like to have as much control as possible over customizing my html mail.

Any suggetions/recommendations?

I investigated html mail today for the first time and in my first tests
I simply tried pasting html tags directly into an email. I quickly found
out that doesn't work because the email simply emails the code. I
eventually figured out how to compose html mail in my Moz program but
there doesn't seem to be that much control, for I was trying to look for
a way to be able to send the same email in html and also as plain text
as a backup but with the plain text version with slightly different
content yet all in the same email without having to email my recipient
twice (first in html and then  plain text). I am an html coder who has
never tried html mail before and I am looking for some advice.

Thanks!

--
Mike