[thelist] Who really turns off JavaScript?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Fri Nov 4 12:22:40 CST 2005

I flip it on and off according to what sites try to force me to do or
not to do or annoy me with. Often I turn it off before hunting down
some file I want to download, because so many sites try to be helpful by
automatically starting the download once you reach the page that has it.
Since I have no interest in downloading anything other than exactly what
is on the server, I can't use a web browser, as web browsers are
universally incapable of putting on any system the same file found at
the source unadulterated. Once I turn it off, I usually leave it off
until I find some page with something I need that won't work without it.
--
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
                                                Philippians 4:13 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/