[thelist] [ADMIN] List Etiquette Reminder

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Sat Nov 5 15:43:07 CST 2005

On 4 Nov 2005 at 20:57, Paul Waring wrote:
[...].

> Whilst on the subject of etiquette, perhaps a mention should be made of
> those incredibly useful things called capital letters. Posting entirely
> in lowercase makes text much more difficult to read, ignoring the fact
> for the moment that it's also incorrect English. I don't know what's
> with the ellipses after each sentence either.

paul, i do understand your point that my personal writing style can
be a little less than ideal (although i generally only use ellipses
where i would use periods), but it's not explicitly noted in thelist
guidelines...

that being said, i have no intention of policing bad grammar,
spelling, punctuation, or style here... if i did that, well, i'd be
really busy on more than just my posts...

one other note:

- "me too"s are not good list etiquette, and as such, must include a
<tip> if they add noise and no signal (ed and chris)...

<tip type="xpath">
instead of using the '//' node selector to grab unique nodes in your
tree, try to provide as much of the node path as possible, if not all
of it, to reduce processing time... a few extra keystrokes can really
speed up an otherwise sluggish application if you replace all the
'//' selectors with complete paths...
</tip>