[thelist] Hypercell doesnt validate

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 01:54:25 CST 2005

> I have a page that doesn't validate (W3C HTML) the hypercells on the
> menu. That's the code:

Excuse my ignorance, but what does hypercell mean? I've been
developing web applications for years and heard about the term for the
first time.

> <TD width="15%" align="center" valign="middle" class="hMenu1"
> onMouseOver=this.style.backgroundColor="#FFFFFF"
> onMouseOut=this.style.backgroundColor=""><A
> href="../card/index.php">cards</A></TD>

as per the solution.

i. either google "unbtrusive javascript"

ii. or first change your markup accordingly.

onmouseover='this.style.backgroundColor="#FFFFFF";'
onmouseout='this.style.backgroundColor="";'><a
href="../card/index.php">cards</a></td>

and then google "unobstrusive javascript".

p.s.
I am assuming that you use a transitional doctype here (if you are
unsure what doctype you are using, there are plenty of resources out
there on how to choose an apropriate doctype)

HTH,
--
Volkan Ozcelik
+>Yep! I'm blogging! : http://www.volkanozcelik.com/volkanozcelik/blog/