[thelist] Multilingual Sites: Best approach?

Fred D Yocum fdy at mcc.org
Tue Nov 8 08:03:45 CST 2005

As a designer that works for a North American charity with offices in at
least thirty countries I would echo this comment. Translation is an
expensive and time consuming business, but if you have ever chortled over
a translation into your own language you know why it is important to get
it as right as you can. Spanish translation, particularly in the North
America where the Hispanic community is made up of people from many
different Latin Amreican/Caribbean countries is complex. There is no
dominant "Received" or "Standard" way of speaking or writing,