[thelist] Getting all IP's

Chris at globet.com Chris at globet.com
Wed Nov 9 08:44:48 CST 2005

Scott

[..]

> I sell on eBay. On my selling page I have my graphic. That
> graphic lives on my server. When eBay creates the page it
> requests the image.

I would have thought that when eBay creates the page, it simply includes a reference to your images on your server within the HTML. Thus, when the user requests the page from eBay's servers it is the user's computer that the HTTP request for your images originates from. The requesting IP address is therefore the user's, not eBay's.

> Hence using .htaccess I can prevent mass downloads.
> Unless i am confused here.

Chris Marsh
Web Developer
http://www.globet.com/
Tel: +44 20 8246 4804 Ext 828
Fax: +44 20 8246 4808

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily the Company. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system.