[thelist] X-Cart Experience

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Wed Nov 9 09:08:36 CST 2005

I have a site running X-cart Gold. We needed some customizations and so
we worked up with their staff a specification and paid them for it and
they did the programming and asked me to look at it.

I looked and said it doesn't work and explained to them what the problem
was.

I did this 4 or 5 times (each time waiting for the programmer to respond
and tell me that he fixed it and I could examine it again) and I started
practically begging the guy to do his own QA and testing and debugging
*before* he asks me to look at his code.

Well, I just wrote him for the 8th time (not counting one time that may
have been a problem with caching but I have my doubts) that his code has
yet more bugs. And each time now he promises me that he checked it twice
and everything works.

Just a word to the wise for those considering this product and its
customization option.

The product itself works fine, if you don't mind front-end tag soup. :)

After two sites with x-cart I anyhow am not planning to use it again. I
have gone with zencart for 2 new sites I have begun.

Hershel