[thelist] wordpress-mysql step one

Dan McCullough dan.mccullough at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 09:38:03 CST 2005

I'm jumping in a bit late I know and hopefully I will assist rather
then confuse.  The wp-config.php file if is still has a text icon has
not been renamed you should open it in Notepad and do a save as and in
the save as window type with quotes "wp-config.php" or find/re-extract
the wp-config-sample.php and renmae that by selecting and deleteing
the -sample part of the file name.  Just remember Notepad saves
everything with .txt as the file extension to get around this you have
to enclose the file name in quotes.

About your question of file structure, if you can edit apcahes
httpd.conf file then you can name the root directory anything as long
as you point the DirectoryRoot in the httpd.conf to that path.

So for example if you go to mccullough-net.com you will see a
Wordpress opening page.  My path is something like
/home/me/mypersonaldomain/www/web/wordpress now in httpd.conf I make
sure that the complete path is listed in the DirectoryRoot.  Now if I
wanted to switch back to my normal site I would just change the path
in DirectoryRoot to
/home/me/mypersonaldomain/www/web and my regular site would appear.

HTH

Dan