[thelist] 'text file' config [was: Grammatical] advice

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Wed Nov 9 15:12:53 CST 2005

Ron scribeva in 2005-11-09 20:02:
> Actually I thought 'learn to type' was excellent advice.

> Why not help the OP understand that 'text file' configs are easy to work
> with

Oh yes, it indeed is an excellent advice. It's just that as the OP
actually had some typos in his mail I thought that AE was referring to
those with his reply. If this is not the case, I'm sorry for my mistake.

But instead of "learn to type?", why not just tell that working with
configuration files is actually quite easy, and maybe point to some
sites where one could learn the basics, like
http://www.lifewithqmail.org/ or even
http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/backend/index.html

.k