[thelist] mysql fulltext index and relational tables

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Nov 10 14:30:31 CST 2005

I suspect I know that answer to this already, but I want to check in
with thelist before I go back and change things.

I'm setting up a new mysql db (version 4.1) and have set up several
tables with foriegn keys defined. Now I want to add a full text index to
a field in a table.

However, as near as I can tell, you have to have tables of type InnoDB
for foreign keys and InnoDB tables do not support full text indices.
Fulltext seems to require a MyIsam table type and that table type
doesn't support foreign keys.

So, is there any way to have full text indices and relational integrity?

Thanks,
Judah