[thelist] discussion forum

April april at farstrider.org
Thu Nov 17 10:16:53 CST 2005

phpBB2 has had some problems lately with security holes.  It's to the
point that both of the commercial hosts I work with ban users from
having phpbb2 installed.  As I unerstand it, they fix the security hole
of the moment, but don't do it as fast as some would like, and have a
bad habit of re-introducing the problem a version or two later.  I
switched friends to Simple Machines Forum when I had to switch them off
of phpBB2.  I haven't heard any complaints, but haven't been personally
haunting or administering those forums.