[thelist] Drupal Civicspace CMS. Newsletter feature?

Mike designbase10 at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 17 20:17:43 CST 2005

Hello,
I have a question for someone familiar with Drupal and/or Civicspace CMS
[1] [2].
Does Drupal Civicspace CMS have a system to allow users to subscribe to
newsletters?
I was comparing CMS systems at http://www.cmsmatrix.org/ and I noticed
that many CMS systems have a system for mailing out newsletters however
Drupal did not. (I was comparing Drupal to Mambo and Typo3.)

I am looking for a newsletter system that has the ability to allow users
to add/delete themselves to/from a list so that they can be sent email
from the system on various topics

I read that Civicspace will be at version 1.0 in Spring 2006 and by then
it appears they will have Customer Relationship Management tools added.
Will I have to wait until spring 2006 to add a newsletter subscription
system if this is the component necessary or are there current solutions
using Drupal components I could use today? Is this what CIVICRM is?

One other question: Where does one download Civicspace and all its
default and optional components from?

Thank you,

[1] http://www.drupal.org
[2] http://www.civicspacelabs.com