[thelist] Welcome to the "thelist" mailing list

yan zhihong yanzhihong at sz.tom.com
Thu Nov 17 20:26:01 CST 2005

thanks very much.
this way can solve the "alert" issue,
but if I want get the content of the frame,say,filter a word and return the position to the method caller that set the new frame's "src" property,I run into a synchronize issue.
look my code please:

test.html:

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<FRAMESET cols="20%,80%" title="test" >
 <frame src="click.html" name="testFrame" title="test..." >
 <frame src="some.html" name="sourceFrame" title="test" scrolling="yes" onload="top.testFrame.getsource1()">
<NOFRAMES>
</NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

click.html:

<head>
<script language="javascript">
 var ll=0;
 function test() {
  while(ll==1){}
  setsource1("a.html");
  ll=1;
  while(ll==1){}
  setsource1("b.html");
  ll=1;
  while(ll==1){}
  setsource1("c.html");
 }
 function getsource1() {
  alert(top.sourceFrame.document.documentElement.innerText);
  ll=0;
 }
 function setsource1(s) {
  top.sourceFrame.location=s;
 }
 function getsource(s){
  //setsource1(s);
  //setTimeout("getsource1()",1);

  //setTimeout("setsource1(\""+s+"\")",10);
  //getsource1();
 }
</script>
</head>
 <form>
  <input type="button" onclick="test()" value="Test"">
 </form>

I define the "ll" as a flag that signify the "onload" event has trig the "getSource1" method so I can set new src and go on.
but,I the loop is a dead loop,seems that "onload" event never been produced.dont know why.