[thelist] reporting, line count, many pages, best practices

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 00:01:56 CST 2005

Paul,

>Each file was output individually and the css property
page-break-before was >good for making sure there were no page breaks
in the middle of key tables
>(especially as these files were used for invoicing).

using page-break-before and page-break-after will help. But it will
not quite sort things out.

Cuz, at the bottom of each page we will have a "page total". So if a
table takes one and a half page. We should have a page total after two
thirds of the table data is output (most probably the page totals will
be td's of the same table not a separate one to keep columns aligned).

I don't want to count lines (or TR's) to decide where to put that damn
page total (which seems unavoidable if I cannot find an elegant
solution).

This is more like an accounting report than an invoice.

Thank you for your suggestion. It is a good idea to keep in mind.

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik
+>Yep! I'm blogging! : http://www.volkanozcelik.com/volkanozcelik/blog/