[thelist] recommendations for repartitioning windows 2000 server C: drive without data loss.

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 01:35:01 CST 2005

Hi list,

my 5gb C: partition is already full (only a few hundred megs left).

I used to use partition magic to solve the problem on my windows98
box. But when I read the most recent version's specs it says that:

"PartitionMagic does not support Windows NT Server or Windows 2000 Servers."

Do you have any recommendations that work on w2k server?
Or will I need to back-up my data, format my drives and repartition
them, re-install a brand new System, install a new service pack,
install .net framework, then install the patches which will take ages
to complete.

As a side note, I install all my program files in another drive (to
F:\Program Files) so that they do not eat system partition's space. So
the 5gig data mainly belongs to MS-specific "Application Data"
(
That's because windows insists on putting its application stuff under
C:\documents and settings\my profile folder\ regardless of where the
actual program setup is installed. That's annoying.

And don't get me started about the huge mess under C:\WINNT which is
around 1+ gig. Why on earth does an operating system need over one
billion bytes of data to run properly?
)

TIA,
--