[thelist] Designing for Mobile Devices

Minh Lee Goon evolt at goonies.info
Mon Nov 21 13:53:17 CST 2005

I'd like to design my personal web site for mobile devices, since I have
one and access my personal site a lot. It would also be good practice
for me to try it and see what the differences are, and what design
elements I have to consider or reconsider.

Are there any tips that you might have for designing for a mobile
device? Also, what is the best way to detect a mobile device browser?
I'm using ColdFusion on my site, so I have access to the
cgi.http_user_agent variable. Is that the best way to decide what kind
of browser is visiting my site?

Thanks for you advice.

Minh Lee Goon
digerati design studios . com