[thelist] Anyone have experience using Amaya on Linux?

Administrative HQ english_offline at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 05:23:18 CST 2005

Hello.

Just wondering whether anyone knows anything about
this. I checked a website in Amaya
(editor/browser/developing program) and it didn't
display well (looks OK in IE and Firefox). Assuming
this was due to their strict HTML standards, I thought
I would work on it in Amaya to see if I could improve
it.

However, Amaya didn't want to cooperate. Copying a
page and pasting into a new file resulted in a copy of
only a small part of the original...or in a hang.

Changing code (e.g. adding a <tr> to reposition
something) had little or no effect.

Saving a file seems to just save a blank page.

Is this program garbage or is it probably a corrupt
copy or my system?

Anyone used it successfully?

Thanks.
David