[thelist] JavaScript: style.display

Casey aspnet at thecrookstons.com
Wed Nov 30 10:32:19 CST 2005

>A few questions:
>
> 1)  If you're doing this after the form posts back to the server, why do
> you need to use Javascript at all?  Why not just hide or show it with
> server-side code?
>
> 2)  Why do you have "javascript:" in the first line of your script?

 Good questions.  This is the same project I've been working on for a
while -
 I took it over from a guy who quit and none of the original code if mine.
 The parent page is 3,000+ lines of code, and the JavaScript is already
 heavily embedded.  I BEGGED the client to let me re-do the enitre app in
 .NET, but it was a no go.  So, I am stuck with the JavaScript.

> 2)  Why do you have "javascript:" in the first line of your script?

 I don't any more.  ;-)