[thelist] Turning Win XP Home into Apache Web Server

misterhaan misterhaan at track7.org
Thu Dec 1 13:09:10 CST 2005

Besides the firewall issue Jay brings up, your ISP might be blocking
port 80.  I know my ISP (cable) blocks ports 21, 80, 8080, and probably
some others.  If this is the case, you would need to set Apache to
listen on a port that isn't blocked.  Also it probably means you have an
agreement with your ISP that you won't run a server on your connection,
just so you're aware.
To test this, you could turn off any firewall you've set up yourself and
visit https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 to see what's blocked.